[md]In an era of an ever increasing militarisation of the Police, aided by the sense that they’re above the law, it’s more important than ever for civilians to watch, record and expose them. The era of doing that overtly is also over. We need to take additional steps to preserve the evidence.
* [Texas police officer uses stun gun on 76-year-old during routine traffic stop](http://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2014/dec/15/texas-police-stun-gun-76-year-old “Texas police officer uses stun gun on 76-year-old during routine traffic stop”)
* [Denver Police seize tablet, delete video of brutal arrest. But it had backed up to “the cloud”](http://www.news.com.au/world/denver-police-seize-tablet-delete-video-of-brutal-arrest-but-it-had-backed-up-to-the-cloud/story-fndir2ev-1227137812835 “Denver Police seize tablet, delete video of brutal arrest. But it had backed up to “the cloud””)
* [Why The Iowa Digital Driver’s License Seems So Cool—And Scary](http://readwrite.com/2014/12/12/iowa-digital-drivers-license-mobile-app “Why The Iowa Digital Driver’s License Seems So Cool—And Scary”)
* [Auld Lang Syne (Words by Robert Burns) by Jim Tait](https://www.jamendo.com/en/track/702723/auld-lang-syne-words-by-robert-burns “Auld Lang Syne (Words by Robert Burns) by Jim Tait”)[/md]
* [Fat Blue Christmas Swing Medley by Fatblueman](https://www.jamendo.com/en/track/478353/fat-blue-christmas-swing-medley “Fat Blue Christmas Swing Medley by Fatblueman”)[/md]
In this episode we take a look into the future as technology advances, and increasingly make humans unable to compete with computers and robots. If entire sectors of society can’t find work, how does that impact humanity?
- Indie Developer Threatens Gabe Newell, Game Removed From Steam
- I Am Moving On From GamingOnLinux
- UK Government Would Like To Put Internet Trolls In Jail For Two Years
- Dangerous Rulings: Georgia Court Says Parents May Be Liable For What Their Kids Post On Facebook
- 5 Year Old Who Drew A Gun In Crayon Forced To Sign No-Suicide Contract With School
- Microsoft Takes Down A Bunch Of Non-Infringing YouTube Videos Over People Posting Product Keys In Comments
- Will Android and Chrome marry?
- “Megaupload’s Imaginary Copyright Crimes Should be Dismissed”
Also Worth A Read
- German Official Says Munich Isn’t Giving Up on Linux for Windows
- German court lifts ban on Uber car pick-up service
- Apple Finally Allows iPhone-Ers To Nix That U2 Album They Never Wanted From Their Phones
- New Facebook Tools Let Developers See What Users Are Doing In Their Apps
- Samsung’s first open-source conference kicks off, with Tizen on its mind
- ISP Wants Court to Sanction Piracy Monitoring Firm
- Copyright Holders Want Netflix to Ban VPN Users
Also Worth A Read
- Kate Bush makes a valiant stand in the battle of transcendence v smartphones
- Chrome Extension Turns Amazon Into a Pirate eBook Site
- Online Store Can Sell ‘Used’ Ebooks, Court Rules
- Adam Carolla Settles With Podcasting Patent Troll: Even With A Strong Case And $500k In The Bank, It’s Too Expensive To Fight
- The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly of Adam Carolla’s Settlement with the Podcasting Troll
- Munich considers dumping Linux for … GULP … Windows!
- Money And Power: The Real Reason For The NSA Spying On Everyone
- Retailers look to Bitcoin as currency for life’s basics
- The differences between traditional media advertising and online advertising.
- Uber innovating a manual trade via an online service.
- Why London’s black cab drivers are protesting over Uber
- The future of crypto currencies.